Customers: Automatically tag customers that had registered/enabled an account
The field that you’d be interested in would be State field.
The possible values for the State field are:
- disabled: The customer doesn't have an active account. Customer acounts can be disabled from the Shopify admin at any time.
- invited: The customer has received an emailed invite to create an account.
- enabled: The customer has created an account.
- declined: The customer declined the email invite to create an account.
Here’s how you’d create a Customer Rule to tag customers with “Registered” if their account state is enabled.
If in the future they disabled their account, the tag will be removed.
- Click Add new rule > Custom Customer Rule...
- Specify a name and description to identify the rule later. This step is optional but helps with managing your Smart Tags rules.
Name: Registered Customer
Description: Tag customers with "Registered" if they have registered enabled their account
- Specify the following rule definition:
For ALL customers,
If customer matches ANY of the following conditions:
Customer Field: State field
Operator: is equal to
Value: following value> "-90" days
- Specify the tag labels that you want to be applied if the customer matches the above rule, for e.g: “Registered"
- Check Enable Rule
- Make use of the preview on the right sidebar to ensure that the tag gets applied as expected.
- Click Save
If have further questions about getting the above example to work with your business needs, do drop us a message any time.